Adult Barbecue Cook-Off Rules
1. Entry fee will be $100 to enter Boston Butt and/or Chicken and/or Ribs. An entry fee of $100 will be charger whether you enter single category or all three categories. You must enter all three categories to be eligible for Grand Champion.
2. You will have a 20x20 cook site designated for you - please stay within this area with your tent and cooking equipment.
3. You may cook with wood, gas, charcoal or pellets. Any type of grill is permissible.
4. Do not have any open fires on the ground. Use a charcoal starter (chimney) or start the fire in your cooker. All grill fires must be contained.
5. Water and electric service will be provided. Ice will be on the ground for sale.
6. No pets allowed in or near the barbecue or judging areas.
7. The decisions by the judges will be finals. A cook's meeting will be held at 6:30 P.M., Friday, September 17th. A member of the LCF Barbecue Cook-Off Committee will review the rules and answer any questions you may have about the Cook-Off. This will give a level playing field for all who enter the competition.
8. All meat must be inspected before cooking, and in original store wrapping, and in a cooler with ice and must be held at 40 degrees or below.
9. After the meat is inspected, you may marinate or begin cooking the product.
10. The cooked meat must be held at 140 degrees or higher.
11. No food products are to be sold or given to the public.
12. All entries must be in a Styrofoam 9x9 box (provided). There must be six (6) identifiable pieces in each box.
13. Garnish allowed - green leaf lettuce and / or parsley only.
14. Turn in time for Chicken is 12:00 P.M. You will have five minutes before and five minutes after to turn in each entry to the judges. This will ensure that your food is served hot to the judges.
15. Turn in time for Ribs is 12:30 P.M. They can have a dry rub or basted with a finishing sauce, but do not put excess sauce in the box. You must have a least six (6) separate pieces of ribs in the box. Some will enter with (6) one bone rib, but you can put in (6) two bone ribs in the box. You will have five before and 5 minutes after to turn in your entries to the judges. This will ensure that your food is served hot to the judges.
16. Turn is time for Boston Butt is 1:00 P.M. You will have five minutes before and five minutes after to turn in your entries to the judges. This will ensure that your food is served hot to the judges.
17. When you finish cooking, a container will be provided for your hot ashes. Please use this container to avoid fires and it will also help keep your area clean.
18. Your cooking area must be as clean as you found it. Garbage containers will be provided. Tents, cooking equipment, trailer, etc. must be removed from the competition area by 4:00 pm on Saturday, September 18 and completely off the fairgrounds by 10:00 am Sunday.
19. Failure to follow the above rules may cause your entry to be disqualified, as we want a safe and enjoyable Cook-Off.
20. Four (4) LCF BBQ Cook-Off Admission Passes will be given to each team entered in the Youth Competition or Adult Competition.
Rules are subject to change