Junior Meat Goat Show
Saturday, September 17th • All animals must be on Fairgrounds by 3:00 PM
Weigh-In 1:00 PM - 3:00 P.M. • Show 4:00 P.M. • All animals will be released by 9:00 P.M.
Premiums: 1st - $23; 2nd - $18; 3rd - $10; 4th - $8; 5th - $6; (All other youth entries $5)
Champion and Reserve Market Goat, Commercial Doe and Commercial Yearling will receive plaques.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Competition is limited to 12th grade and younger (must be able to show your own goat).
2. This show is open to any breed or crossbred wether or doe. Animals having testicular tissue will be dismissed. The judge will be placing emphasis on muscling, finish ,structural soundness, carcass merit, balance & style.
3. Goats will be weighed and divided into classes by weight & sex with no more than 12 animals per class.
4. Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of eight goats.
5. All market goats must have their milk teeth.
6. Commercial does will have kid classes (milk teeth) and yearling classes (2-4 yearling teeth). All yearlings with more than four permanent teeth will be grouped in one class and ineligible to show for Champion. Any doe with more than six permanent teeth is ineligible to show.
7. All goats must be dehorned or have horns tipped.
8. Each exhibitor must supply their own water pails & feed pans.
9. No straw allowed in pens.
10. All livestock must enter grounds through the Amana Street gate (back gate) to load and unload at designated area. Free admission for Exhibitor only.
(all grades are as of Jan. 1st of current year)
Beginner - 4th Grade and Younger
Junior - 5th & 6th Grades
Junior High - 7th & 8th Grades
Senior - 9th - 12th Grades
Showmanship winners will receive plaques