TN State Fair Info
Rules & Entry Forms
Board of Directors
Board Member Login
Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Section 12 • Creative Living Building -
Entry Days Tuesdays & Wednesday
before Fair Opens
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places will be awarded in each class
Entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
Ingenious use of inexpensive materials
Quality of the work
Suitability of the title
Quality of the work in light of the participant's age
1. The main part of each entry must be a pumpkin.
2. Pumpkins MUST NOT be carved or hollowed out.
3. Pumpkins may not be larger that 2'x2'x2'.
4. Objects, paper and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. You may also draw or paint on your entries and may dress them up.
Reminder, do not carve or hollow out your pumpkin.
5. No electrical device may be used as part of any entry.
6. Each entry must have a title, and fair theme may be used.
7. The Fair reserves the right to dispose of any pumpkin that starts to decay during the contest period.
8. There is to be minimal parental help for children decorating the pumpkin.
9. No pre-purchased, pre-decorated pumpkins will be allowed to enter the contest.
10. Only one entry per person.
11. Entries accepted 3 - 7 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday before Fair.
12. Entries may be picked up 1 - 3 PM on Sunday afternoon following the Fair.
4 - 6 years
7 - 9 years
10 - 12 years
13 - 15 years
16 years and up